All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFrom honey and honey-tasting experts, C.Marina Marchese and Kim Flottum, comes this comprehensive primer on the origin, taste and culinary uses of more than 40 varieties of honey, from ubiquitous clover to tangy star thistle to rich, Smokey buckwheat.
- Author BiographyC. Marina Marchese is the founder and owner of Red Bee Honey, which sells honey and natural products to gourmet food shops and fine restaurants all over the United States. (www.redbee.com) Certified by the American Apitherapy Society, she has trained as a honey judge at the University of Georgia and serves on the board of the Back Yard Beekeepers Association of Connecticut. Marina has written for Bee Culture magazine and The Journal of AmericanApitherapy Society, and Red Bee Honey was the cover story of the American Bee Journal in 2004. A graduate of the School of Visual Arts in New York City, she is also an award-winning illustrator and designer. Marina lives and tends bees in Weston, Connecticut. After receiving a degree in horticulture from UW Madison, Kim Flottum worked four years in the USDA Honey Bee Research Lab, studying pollination ecology. After that, he spent two years raising acres of fruits and vegetables, where bees played a large role. He brings this experience, plus nearly 20 years of writing and editing articles for beekeepers in the monthly magazine, Bee Culture. He is the publisher of books on honey bee pests and diseases, marketing, queen production, beekeeping history, beginning beekeeping, and the classic industry reference, The ABC & XYZ of Bee Culture.
- Author(s)C. Marina Marchese,Kim Flottum
- PublisherBlack Dog & Leventhal Publishers Inc
- Date of Publication01/05/2013
- GenreFood & Drink: General
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBlack Dog & Leventhal Publishers Inc
- Content Note60 colour and b&w photos
- Weight766 g
- Width236 mm
- Height188 mm
- Spine23 mm
Explore Buying Guides
Best selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £9.49Trending at £9.53
- £6.19Trending at £6.27
- £4.67Trending at £5.11
- £32.40Trending at £33.55
- £11.14Trending at £12.74
- £11.85Trending at £12.22
- £12.39Trending at £12.99
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.