All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFor many politicians, power seems to go to their head, and becomes a heady drug affecting every action they take. The Greeks called it hubris, where the hero wins glory, acclaim and success - but it is often followed by nemesis. This work suggests George Bush and Tony Blair developed a Hubristic Syndrome while in power.
- Author BiographyLord David Owen has been Foreign Secretary, leader of the Social Democratic party, and now a Crossbencher in the Lords. He was trained as a medical doctor, and has long been interested in the effect of ill health on heads of government. Among many books, he is the author of Balkan Odyssey, a powerful autobiography, Time to Declare, and a poetry anthology, Seven Ages.
- Author(s)David Owen
- PublisherMethuen Publishing Ltd
- Date of Publication23/07/2007
- GenreMilitary History
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPolitico's Publishing Ltd
- Out-of-print date24/06/2011
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
Best selling in History & Military
Save on History & Military
- £16.76Trending at £26.06
- £14.58Trending at £21.08
- £14.24Trending at £14.71
- £10.50Trending at £14.54
- £9.85Trending at £10.45
- £10.82Trending at £15.40
- £16.99Trending at £17.69
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.