All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionStudying on comparative empire, this title identifies periods of transition across history that reveal how and why empires emerge. It examines classical Western empires. It discusses the British experience, analyzes the case of imperial Russia, and studies Qing China's beginnings. It tackles the actions of the US at the turn of the 20th century.
- Author BiographyKimberly Kagan is president of the Institute for the Study of War in Washington, DC. Frank Ninkovich is Professor of History at St. John's University.
- PublisherHarvard University Press
- Date of Publication13/04/2010
- GenreHistory: Specific Subjects
- Place of PublicationCambridge, Mass
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintHarvard University Press
- Content Note7 maps
- Weight522 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Edited byKimberly Kagan
- Format DetailsSewn,Cloth over boards,With printed dust jacket
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £4.89Trending at £5.19
- £6.40Trending at £7.38
- £10.25Trending at £11.39
- £12.10Trending at £13.61
- £10.87Trending at £13.84
- £4.50Trending at £6.04
- £23.95Trending at £24.80
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.