All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionTheorizes the cultural reactions - within the realms of visual arts, literature, and the social sciences - to the oppression of the Chilean dictatorship. This title considers the importance of Walter Benjamin for the theoretical self-understanding of the Latin American intellectual left.
- Author BiographyNelly Richard is a renowned Latin American cultural studies theorist. Born in France and a graduate of the Sorbonne, Richard has lived in Chile since 1970. Among her many books are La estratificacion de los margenes and Politicas y esteticas de la memoria. Alice A. Nelson is a Member of the Faculty at the Evergreen State College in Olympia, Washington. She is the author of Political Bodies: Gender, History, and the Struggle for Narrative Power in Recent Chilean Literature. Silvia R. Tandeciarz is Assistant Professor of Hispanic Studies at the College of William and Mary. She is the author of Exorcismos, a book of poetry.
- PublisherDuke University Press
- Date of Publication23/03/2004
- GenreCultural Studies
- Series TitlePost-Contemporary Interventions
- Place of PublicationNorth Carolina
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintDuke University Press
- Weight204 g
- Width141 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine6 mm
- Translated byNelly Richard,Silvia R. Tandeciarz
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best selling in Politics & Government
Save on Politics & Government
- £34.17Trending at £34.83
- £8.50Trending at £10.79
- £6.23Trending at £6.78
- £7.94Trending at £8.28
- £8.85Trending at £8.94
- £12.86Trending at £13.67
- £9.29Trending at £9.73
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.