All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book presents the first-ever comprehensive and in-depth analysis of the international law of human trafficking.
- Author BiographyDr Anne T. Gallagher is recognized as a leading authority on the international legal and policy aspects of human trafficking. She served as a career UN official from 1992 to 2003, including as Adviser on Human Trafficking to the High Commissioner for Human Rights, Mary Robinson, whom she represented in negotiations for the Organized Crime Convention and its Protocols on Trafficking and Migrant Smuggling. Dr Gallagher oversaw the development of the UN Recommended Principles and Guidelines on Human Rights and Human Trafficking and was founding Chair of the United Nations Inter-Agency Group on Trafficking and Migrant Smuggling. She continues to advise the United Nations on these issues, her most recent assignment being the preparation of a detailed legal commentary on the UN Recommended Principles and Guidelines. Dr Gallagher has worked directly with criminal justice agencies and legislatures on trafficking in more than forty countries and is currently a technical adviser to the Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN) and its Member States. A scholar as well as a practitioner, she has taught international law and human rights law at universities and academic institutions in Europe, Asia and Australia and has published widely on human rights (including women's rights), criminal justice and trafficking.
- PrizesWinner of American Society of International Law Certificate of Merit 2011.
- Author(s)Anne T. Gallagher
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication30/09/2010
- GenreInternational Law: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note1 table
- Weight960 g
- Width152 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine33 mm
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £4.67Trending at £5.24
- £6.40Trending at £7.36
- £5.94Trending at £6.39
- £10.31Trending at £11.81
- £7.81Trending at £8.36
- £6.52Trending at £6.87
- £6.75Trending at £7.03
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.