All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAn important new way of viewing the prehistoric art of the Americas, The Jaguar Within demonstrates that understanding a work of art's connection with shamanic trance can lead to an appreciation of it as an extremely creative solution to the inherent challenge of giving material form to nonmaterial realities and states of being.
- Author BiographyREBECCA R. STONE is Masse-Martin/NEH Distinguished Teaching Professor in the Humanities (2010-2014), Associate Professor in the Art History Department, and Faculty Curator of Art of the Ancient Americas in the Michael C. Carlos Museum at Emory University in Atlanta, Georgia. She has also published Seeing with New Eyes: Highlights of the Michael C. Carlos Museum Collection of Art of the Ancient Americas, Art of the Andes from Chavin to Inca, and To Weave for the Sun: Ancient Andean Textiles.
- Author(s)Rebecca R. Stone
- PublisherUniversity of Texas Press
- Date of Publication01/07/2011
- GenreFine Arts / Art History
- Series TitleThe Linda Schele Series in Maya and Pre-Columbian Studies
- Place of PublicationAustin, TX
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of Texas Press
- Content Note137 b/w photos, 15 line drawings
- Weight964 g
- Width5499 mm
- Height7128 mm
- Spine534 mm
- Format DetailsWith dust jacket
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £6.40Trending at £7.35
- £10.87Trending at £13.84
- £9.26Trending at £10.88
- £23.95Trending at £24.80
- £30.25Trending at £30.96
- £6.20Trending at £7.00
- £5.78Trending at £6.85
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.