All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAn anthology of nearly two hundred testimonies by groundbreaking primatologist Jane Goodall's friends and colleagues honoring her as a scientific pioneer, inspiring teacher, devoted friend, and engaging spirit whose complex personality tends to break down usual categories --
- Author BiographyTranslated into nine foreign languages, Dale Peterson's books have been distinguished as Best Book of the Year by the Boston Globe, the Denver Post, Discover, The Economist, the Globe and Mail, Library Journal, and the Village Voice. Two of his books were named Notable Books of the Year by the New York Times. He is the author of the definitive biography Jane Goodall: The Woman Who Redefined Man, The Moral Lives of Animals, Giraffe Reflections, Chimpanzee Travels: On and Off the Road in Africa, and Visions of Caliban: On Chimpanzees and People, which he co-authored with Goodall. He serves as a member of the executive board for PEN New England. He lives in Arlington, Massachusetts. Marc Bekoff is a former professor of ecology and evolutionary biology at the University of Colorado, Boulder, an ambassador for Jane Goodall's Roots & Shoots program, and a member of the Ethics Committee of the Jane Goodall Institute. He and Goodall co-founded the organization Ethologists for the Ethical Treatment of Animals: Citizens for Responsible Animal Behavior Studies in 2000. He is the author of, most recently, Rewilding Our Hearts: Building Pathways of Compassion and Coexistence, Why Dogs Hump and Bees Get Depressed: The Fascinating Science of Animal Intelligence, Emotions, Friendship, and Conservation, the award-winning children's book Jasper's Story: Saving Moon Bears (with Jill Robinson), and The Ten Trusts: What We Must Do to Care for the Animals We Love, which he co-authored with Goodall. He lives in Boulder, Colorado.
- PublisherTrinity University Press,U.S.
- Date of Publication26/02/2015
- GenreNatural History: Animal & Wildlife
- Place of PublicationSan Antonio
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintTrinity University Press,U.S.
- Weight371 g
- Width152 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Edited byDale Peterson,Marc Bekoff
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Superheroes
Save on Superheroes
- £53.47Trending at £83.71
- £15.76Trending at £19.95
- £11.61Trending at £12.48
- £28.07Trending at £44.98
- £11.64Trending at £13.48
- £3.58Trending at £5.48
- £9.52Trending at £11.37
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.