All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionOffering a broad spectrum of academic opinion, this book explores the centrality of the question in modern Jewish history and culture and for modern Jewish studies.
- Author BiographyJeremy Cohen holds the Abraham and Edita Spiegel Family Foundation Chair for European Jewish History at Tel Aviv University, where he served as Director of the Goldstein-Goren Diaspora Research Center between 2002 and 2005. A specialist in the history of Jewish - Christian relations and three times a winner of the National Jewish Book Award, his various publications include The Friars and the Jews: The Evolution of Medieval Anti-Judaism (1982); Living Letters of the Law: Ideas of the Jew in Medieval Christianity (1999); and Christ Killers: The Jews and the Passion from the Bible to the Big Screen (2007). Richard I. Cohen holds the Paulette and Claude Kelman Chair in French Jewry Studies and has served as the Academic Head of Revivim, the honours programme at the Hebrew University of Jerusalem for the training of Jewish studies teachers. He is the author of The Burden of Conscience: French-Jewish Leadership during the Holocaust and Jewish Icons: Art and Society in Modern Europe, and among the books he has edited are The French Revolution and its Historical Impact and Art and History. He has co-curated and co-edited (with Vivian Mann) From Court Jews to the Rothschilds: Art, Patronage, and Power, 1600-1800 and (with Laurence Sigal) Le Juif errant: Un temoin du temps.
- PublisherThe Littman Library of Jewish Civilization
- Date of Publication31/08/2012
- GenreHistory: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintThe Littman Library of Jewish Civilization
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight364 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Edited byJeremy Cohen,Richard I. Cohen
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £6.40Trending at £7.35
- £4.89Trending at £5.24
- £10.25Trending at £11.30
- £12.45Trending at £12.75
- £12.10Trending at £13.61
- £10.87Trending at £13.88
- £23.95Trending at £24.71
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.