All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFollowing what may be conventionally called the Jewish ethno-cultural model and tracing its performance throughout history, this book attempts to apply a synthetic, comprehensive approach to the Jewish phenomenon - an alternative to the metaphysical and religious ones - and to evaluate it in the comparative context.
- Author BiographyAlexander Militarev is a linguist, lecturer, University educator, and researcher in comparative Semitic and Afroasiatic linguistics, Jewish, Biblical, Near Eastern, African studies and the application of linguistic methods to ethno-cultural history. Militarev is the author of, among many publications, the Comparative and Historical Lexicon of Afroasiatic Languages and the Semitic Etymological Dictionary and a professor of History and Philology of the Ancient East at the Institute of Oriental and Classic Studies of the Russian State University for the Humanities and Head of the Center for Hebrew and Related Ethno-Linguistic Studies in the Institute of Linguistics of the same University. Since 2001, he has served as the head of the Semitic and Afroasiatic section of the American-Russian Project Evolution of Human Languages in The Santa Fe Institute (Santa Fe, NM); from 1994 to 2009 he was also President of the Jewish University in Moscow.
- Author(s)Alexander Militarev
- PublisherAcademic Studies Press
- Date of Publication15/07/2010
- GenreHistory: World & General
- Series TitleReference Library of Jewish Intellectual History
- Place of PublicationBrighton
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAcademic Studies Press
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight590 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine19 mm
Best selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £8.53Trending at £9.57
- £6.19Trending at £6.30
- £32.40Trending at £33.67
- £11.14Trending at £12.78
- £12.39Trending at £13.04
- £11.33Trending at £12.31
- £9.91Trending at £11.11
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.