All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionPresents the author's incisive, paranoiac, maddened and maddening worldview in interviews interspersed with stories and other writing.
- Author BiographyWilliam S. Burroughs was born on February 5, 1914 in St Louis. In work and in life Burroughs expressed a lifelong subversion of the morality, politics and economics of modern America. To escape those conditions, and in particular his treatment as a homosexual and a drug-user, Burroughs left his homeland in 1950, and soon after began writing. By the time of his death he was widely recognised as one of the most politically trenchant, culturally influential, and innovative artists of the twentieth century. His numerous books include Naked Lunch, Junky, Queer, Nova Express, Interzone, The Wild Boys, The Ticket That Exploded and The Soft Machine. After living in Mexico City, Tangier, Paris, and London, Burroughs finally returned to America in 1974. He died in 1997.
- Author(s)William S. Burroughs
- PublisherPenguin Books Ltd
- Date of Publication06/11/2008
- Series TitlePenguin Modern Classics
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPenguin Classics
- Weight168 g
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
Best-selling in Manuals & Resources
Save on Manuals & Resources
- £1.49Trending at £1.75
- £1.49Trending at £1.67
- £5.25Trending at £6.97
- £24.88Trending at £36.00
- £16.32Trending at £18.64
- £14.50Trending at £15.48
- £5.00Trending at £9.98
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.