All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFour young homesteaders strive to succeed on a quarter section in Tripp County, South Dakota, at the beginning of the 1900s. Faced with the prospect of the upcoming harsh winter, the youngsters work hard to prove up the land and buildings. All the while, Becky, Dick, Phil, and Joan contend with drought, discomfort, and sabotaging squatters.
- Author BiographyMarian Hurd McNeely wrote numerous books, articles, and poems for young readers. The Jumping-Off Place , a Newbery Honor Book written in 1929, is based on McNeely's own experiences as a homesteader in Tripp County, USA.
- Author(s)Marian Hurd McNeely
- PublisherSouth Dakota State Historical Society
- Date of Publication30/09/2008
- GenreChildren's Fiction
- Place of PublicationPierre
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSouth Dakota State Historical Society
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations, frontispiece
- Weight318 g
- Width127 mm
- Height178 mm
- Spine23 mm
Best-selling in Children's Fiction
Save on Children's Fiction
- £13.45Trending at £14.15
- £9.41Trending at £10.03
- £17.05Trending at £28.48
- £13.15Trending at £13.32
- £5.86Trending at £5.97
- £9.99Trending at £10.41
- £16.88Trending at £17.60
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.