All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionPresents a study of Haydn's keyboard sonatas. This title deals with Haydn's keyboard instruments and their development. It discusses performance practice and style, explains the peculiarities of Haydn's manuscripts in the context of 18th-century notation, and provides specific suggestions for playing ornaments, improvising, slurring, and dynamics.
- Author BiographyLaszlo Somfai, former head of the Bartok Archives in Budapest and professor emeritus of musicology at the Franz Liszt Academy of Music, is a leading authority on Haydn's keyboard music. Charlotte Greenspan, now an independent scholar, has taught music at the University of Wisconsin - Madison and Cornell University.
- Author(s)Laszlo Somfai
- PublisherThe University of Chicago Press
- Date of Publication30/11/2010
- GenreMusic & Dance
- Place of PublicationChicago, IL
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of Chicago Press
- Content Note220 musical examples & figures
- Weight635 g
- Width175 mm
- Height250 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Translated byCharlotte Greenspan
Best selling in The Arts
Save on The Arts
- £7.45Trending at £7.82
- £29.50Trending at £41.52
- £27.37Trending at £28.13
- £26.39Trending at £27.68
- £20.75Trending at £21.13
- £10.62Trending at £11.64
- £23.35Trending at £23.56
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.