All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis is a history of the Khmers, the people who for thousands of years inhabited the wooded interior of Cambodia. One hundred and fifty years ago the representatives of imperial France were astonished to find half--buried within the jungle the still magnificent ruins of vast temples.
- Author BiographyIan Mabbett is currently in the History Department at Monash University, teaching courses covering traditional Asian cultures and religions. His present research interest is in the history of Buddhism. His previous books include Kings and Emperors of Asia (1985), Modern China (1985) and A Short History of India (second edition, 1983). David Chandler is currently Visiting Fellow at the Woodrow Wilson International Centre for Scholars, Professor of History at Monash Univesity and concurrently research director at the centre of Southeast Asian Studies, Monash University. His previous books include Brother Number One: A Political Biography of Pol Pot (1992), The Tragedy of Cambodian History: Politics, War and Revolution since 1945, (paperback edition, 1993) and A History of Cambodia (second edition, 1992).
- Author(s)David P. Chandler,Ian Mabbett
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication09/04/1995
- GenreRegional History
- Series TitlePeoples of South-East Asia and the Pacific
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBlackwell Publishers
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight586 g
- Width167 mm
- Height243 mm
- Spine22 mm
Best selling in History & Military
Save on History & Military
- £9.40Trending at £10.46
- £22.57Trending at £34.94
- £10.10Trending at £11.44
- £14.58Trending at £20.94
- £14.24Trending at £14.61
- £10.64Trending at £14.49
- £9.99Trending at £10.38
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.