All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFrom breathing exercises and pressure holds to noise-reducing headphones and gum, this illustrated book is packed with simple strategies and tools to help children with emotional and sensory regulation difficulties aged approximately 7 to 14 years to stay cool, calm and in control.
- Author BiographyLauren Brukner is an Occupational Therapist who lives in New York City with her husband and three children, two of whom have emotional and sensory integration difficulties. She graduated from Stern College for Women with a Bachelor's Degree in Psychology, and holds a Master's of Science degree in Occupational Therapy from New York University. She specializes in sensory integration and self-regulation strategies in children and young people, and their implementation in home, school and community settings. She has postgraduate training in neuroscience, sensory integration theory and practice, occupational health sciences, and physiological approaches to Occupational Therapy practice, and is also a Certified Screener for Irlen Syndrome and Scotopic Sensitivity. She provides services and workshops to a broad range of school staff, including general and special education teachers, speech language therapists, counselors, and paraprofessionals. She blogs at www.stayingawesomeandincontrol.com.
- Author(s)Lauren Brukner
- PublisherJessica Kingsley Publishers
- Date of Publication21/07/2014
- GenreChildren's General Non-Fiction
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintJessica Kingsley Publishers
- Content Note35 black and white cartoon illustrations
- Weight408 g
- Width173 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine13 mm
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £8.74Trending at £9.11
- £6.34Trending at £7.34
- £5.14Trending at £5.24
- £10.25Trending at £11.30
- £12.43Trending at £12.75
- £12.10Trending at £13.65
- £10.87Trending at £12.80
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.