All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe classic reflection of the Protestant roots and ethos behind pluralistic American and its religions today.
- Author BiographyH. RICHARD NIEBUHR was one of the most noted of American theologians. Among his books are several that are regarded as classics of American religou thought. The Kingdom of God in America, The Social sources of Denominationalism, and Christ and Culture. He was both a pastor and a scholar; he was ordained in 1916 by the Evangelical and Reformed Church after being graduated from Elmhurst College in 1912 and from Eden Theological Seminary in 1915. He served a pastorate in St. Louis, Missouri, from 1916 to 1918, hen joined Eden Theological Seminary as a professor. He became president of Elmhurst college, then taught at the Yale Divinity School from 1931 to 1962. Niebuhr was named Sterling Professor of Theology and Christian Ethics in 195. He died in 1962. MARTIN E, NARTY is the Fairfax M. Cone Distinguished Service Professor at the University of Chicago; he is senior editor of The Christian Century, and author, most recently, of Protestantism in the United States.
- Author(s)Richard R. Niebuhr
- PublisherUniversity Press of New England
- Date of Publication01/10/1988
- GenreReligion: Comparative, General & Reference
- Place of PublicationHanover
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintWesleyan University Press
- Weight295 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Introduction byMartin E. Marty
- Edition StatementNew edition
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £10.44Trending at £11.05
- £6.17Trending at £7.34
- £12.10Trending at £13.59
- £10.87Trending at £11.71
- £5.70Trending at £7.14
- £10.31Trending at £11.46
- £5.02Trending at £5.99
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.