All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWritten by experts in a range of disciplines, this book explores the topic at many scales, from the function of neurons in learning, forming and transmitting language to the long-term evolution of language itself and the birth and death of ancient tongues.
- Author BiographyPhilippe Binder is a Professor of Physics at the University of Hawaii at Hilo and a Faculty Fellow at the New England Complex Systems Institute. His areas of interest are chaos and complex systems, including multiscale analysis. He received his advanced training at Yale and Oxford. Like millions of people worldwide, he is trilingual. Kenny Smith is a Lecturer in the Language Evolution and Computation Research Unit, School of Philosophy, Psychology and Language Sciences, University of Edinburgh, with interests in the evolution of communication, human language and the human capacity for language. He uses a mix of modeling and experimental techniques to address these questions.
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag Berlin and Heidelberg GmbH & Co. KG
- Date of Publication06/04/2013
- GenreComputing: Professional & Programming
- Series TitleThe Frontiers Collection
- Place of PublicationBerlin
- Country of PublicationGermany
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag Berlin and Heidelberg GmbH & Co. K
- Content Notebiography
- Weight555 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Edited byK. Smith,P.-M. Binder
Best selling in Computer & IT
Save on Computer & IT
- £26.39Trending at £27.68
- £14.78Trending at £15.04
- £32.31Trending at £37.66
- £13.67Trending at £16.58
- £14.64Trending at £16.64
- £22.02Trending at £31.04
- £19.74Trending at £24.43
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.