All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe world first publication of a previously unknown work by J.R.R. Tolkien, which tells the epic story of the Norse hero, Sigurd, the dragon-slayer, the revenge of his wife, Gudrun, and the Fall of the Nibelungs.
- Author BiographyJ.R.R. Tolkien was born on 3rd January 1892. After serving in the First World War, he became best known for The Hobbit and The Lord of the Rings, selling 150 million copies in more than 40 languages worldwide. Awarded the CBE and an honorary Doctorate of Letters from Oxford University, he died in 1973 at the age of 81. Christopher Tolkien is the third son of J.R.R. Tolkien. Appointed by J.R.R. Tolkien to be his literary executor, he has devoted himself to the publication of his father's unpublished writings, notably The Silmarillion and The History of Middle-earth. He lives in France with his wife Baillie.
- Author(s)J. R. R. Tolkien
- PublisherHarperCollins Publishers
- Date of Publication01/04/2010
- GenreHistorical & Mythological Fiction
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintHarperCollins Publishers Ltd
- Content Note7 b/w illus
- Weight270 g
- Width130 mm
- Height197 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Edited byChristopher Tolkien
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
Best-selling in Historical & Mythological
Save on Historical & Mythological
- £8.79Trending at £10.58
- £8.55Trending at £10.99
- £6.83Trending at £8.90
- £5.50Trending at £7.99
- £7.76Trending at £8.66
- £5.09Trending at £5.50
- £4.43Trending at £4.95
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.