All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionRe-creates the milieu of the libertine in all its lively decadence, bringing together more than eighty brief selections from eighteenth-century French literature, grouped into eight broad themes - including tales of seduction, fantasies of exotic lands, and the discoveries of youth-and introduced by an eminent French scholar.
- Author BiographyMichel Delon, professor of French literature at the Sorbonne, is the author of several studies of the eighteenth-century libertine. He has edited the works of Diderot and Sade for the Bibliotheque de la Pleiade, as well as Routledge's Encyclopedia of the Enlightenment. Marilyn Yalom is a former professor of French and presently a senior scholar at the Clayman Institute for Gender Research at Stanford University. In 1991 she was decorated as an Officier des Palmes Academiques by the French Government. She is the author of widely acclaimed books such as Blood Sisters: The French Revolution in Women's Memory (1993), A History of the Breast (1997), A History of the Wife (1997), and How the French Invented Love: 900 Years of Passion and Romance (2012). She lives in Palo Alto, California, with her husband, the psychiatrist and author Irvin D. Yalom.
- PublisherAbbeville Press Inc.,U.S.
- Date of Publication17/10/2013
- GenreLiterary Criticism
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAbbeville Press Inc.,U.S.
- Content Noteillustrations throughout
- Weight3685 g
- Width245 mm
- Height311 mm
- Spine48 mm
- Edited byMichel Delon
- Foreword byMarilyn Yalom
- Format DetailsCloth over boards
Best selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £6.19Trending at £6.30
- £4.88Trending at £5.06
- £32.40Trending at £33.73
- £10.88Trending at £12.77
- £9.99Trending at £10.62
- £12.39Trending at £13.06
- £11.33Trending at £12.33
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.