All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn this wordless adaptation of one of Aesop's most beloved fables by an award-winning artist, an unlikely pair learns that no act of kindness is ever wasted. With vivid depictions of the landscape of the African Serengeti and expressively drawn characters, Pinkney makes this a truly special retelling.
- Author BiographyJerry Pinkney is one of the most heralded children's book illustrators of all time. He has the rare distinction of being the recipient of five Caldecott Honors and the winner of the 2010 Caldecott medal for The Lion and the Mouse, and has since created two companion picture books: The Tortoise & the Hare and The Grasshopper & the Ants. He has won the Coretta Scott King Award five times, the Coretta Scott King Honor four times, and has been nominated for the prestigious Hans Christian Anderson Award. He was also the first children's book illustrator elected to the American Academy of Arts and Sciences. He lives with his wife, author Gloria Jean Pinkney, in Croton-on-Hudson, New York. The artist invites you to visit his website at jerrypinkneystudio.com.
- Author(s)Jerry Pinkney
- PublisherLittle, Brown & Company
- Date of Publication01/09/2009
- GenreChildren's Fiction
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintLittle, Brown & Company
- Content Note, colour illustrations
- Weight530 g
- Width248 mm
- Height286 mm
- Spine13 mm
Best selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- £23.99Trending at £31.66
- £33.99Trending at £35.88
- £35.89Trending at £37.89
- £25.80Trending at £27.32
- £15.88Trending at £16.88
- £6.07Trending at £11.35
- £13.95Trending at £14.77
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.