All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionBorn in Dakar but of Guinean origin, Mariama Barry claims both Senegal and Guinea as 'her' countries. She is the first woman writer of Guinea to have gained extensive international recognition. This autobiography tells her story of an early childhood spent in Senegal.
- Author BiographyMariama Barry is the author of Le Coeur n'est pas un genou qu'on plie. Carrol F. Coates is Professor of French and Comparative Literature and Linguistics at Binghamton University, State University of New York, and most recently the translator (with Edwidge Danticat) of Jacques Stephen Alexis's novel, In the Flicker of an Eyelid. Irene Assiba d'Almeida is Professor and Department Head of French and Francophone Studies at the University of Arizona, the author of Francophone African Women Writers: Destroying the Emptiness of Silence, and the editor of A Rain of Words: A Bilingual Anthology of Women's Poetry in Francophone Africa (Virginia).
- Author(s)Mariama Barry
- PublisherUniversity of Virginia Press
- Date of Publication15/04/2010
- Language(s)English & French
- GenreGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Series TitleCARAF Books: Caribbean and African Literature Translated from French
- Place of PublicationCharlottesville
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of Virginia Press
- Weight386 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Translated byCarrol F. Coates
Best selling in Other Fiction
Save on Other Fiction
- £8.99Trending at £10.48
- £16.99Trending at £17.81
- £29.15Trending at £30.57
- £6.02Trending at £11.27
- £26.85Trending at £27.14
- £1.99Trending at £3.15
- £4.59Trending at £8.38
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.