All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA pilot stranded in the desert awakes one morning to see, standing before him, the most extraordinary little fellow. Please, asks the stranger, draw me a sheep. And the pilot realizes that when life's events are too difficult to understand, there is no choice but to succumb to their mysteries. He pulls out pencil and paper...
- Author BiographyAntoine De Saint-Exupery was born in 1900 in Lyon. In 1921, he began his training as a pilot By 1926, he had became one of the pioneers of international postal flight. In 1945 he embarked on a record-breaking attempt to fly from Paris to Saigon. Nineteen hours into the flight, his plane crashed in the Sahara desert. He survived the crash but spent three days battling dehydration, limited food and hallucinations. On the fourth day, the was rescued. In part, this experience was the inspiration for The Little Prince. He continued to fly until World War II, during which he took self-imposed exile. On 31 July 1944, he disappeared over the Mediterranean while flying a reconnaissance mission.
- Author(s)Antoine de Saint-Exupery
- PublisherEgmont UK Ltd
- Date of Publication07/11/2013
- GenreChildren's Fiction
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintEgmont Heritage
- Content Notefull colour illustrations
- Weight421 g
- Width187 mm
- Height225 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Illustrator(s)Antoine de Saint-Exupery
- Interest AgeFrom 6
Best selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- £23.99Trending at £31.62
- £13.95Trending at £14.75
- £25.80Trending at £27.28
- £15.88Trending at £16.86
- £15.25Trending at £16.08
- £20.34Trending at £21.06
- £25.75Trending at £27.19
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.