CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in The Arts
Save on The Arts
- £13.74Trending at £16.58
- £13.11Trending at £13.40
- £5.35Trending at £5.99
- £10.99Trending at £20.03
- £18.33Trending at £24.05
- £14.76Trending at £17.25
- £4.32Trending at £4.73
About this product
- DescriptionThis book offers a unique look at how ballet influenced contemporary fashion and women's body image, and how street fashions in turn were reflected by the costumes worn by ballet dancers.
- Author BiographyJudith Chazin-Bennahum is Chair of the Dept of Theatre and Dance at the University of New Mexico. She is a past president of the Society of Dance History Scholars, and has authored and edited several books on dance history. She began her career as a performing dancer, dancing in companies headed by Antony Tudor, Pearl Lang, and Alexandra Danilova, and was invited by George Balanchine to perform with the New York City Ballet on their first Russian tour.
- Author(s)Judith Chazin-Bennahum
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication18/11/2004
- GenreMusic & Dance
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note74 black & white illustrations, 74 black & white halftones
- Weight408 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.