Best-selling in The Arts
Save on The Arts
- £22.53Trending at £23.78
- £21.13Trending at £29.96
- £5.35Trending at £5.99
- £5.50Trending at £5.79
- £13.47Trending at £25.48
- £18.30Trending at £29.84
- £18.23Trending at £18.99
About this product
- DescriptionThis text finds the author at the point where all the vectors of art intersect: those of traditional painting, Pop art, mixed media, and installation art; those of art and philosophy; those of the specialist who brings theory to bear on the work and the viewer who appreciates it visually.
- Author BiographyArthur C. Danto is Johnsonian Professor of Philosophy Emeritus at Columbia University and art critic for The Nation. Among his many books are Playing with the Edge: The Photographic Achievement of Robert Mapplethorpe (1995), Connections to the World: The Basic Concepts of Philosophy (1997), Beyond the Brillo Box: The Visual Arts in Post-Historical Perspective (1998), and Philosophizing Art (1999), all from California.
- Author(s)Arthur Coleman Danto
- PublisherUniversity of California Press
- Date of Publication04/09/2001
- GenreThe Arts: General & Reference
- Place of PublicationBerkerley
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of California Press
- Weight485 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine31 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.