All listings for this product
Best-selling in Pregnancy Books
About this product
- DescriptionJose Tomas de Cuellar (1830-1894) was a Mexican writer noted for his sharp sense of humour and gift for caricature. Having a Ball and Christmas Eve are two novellas written in the costumbrista style, made popular in the mid-19th century by the periodical press.
- Author BiographyMargaret Carson has translated the work of several Spanish writers and won the 1994 Endowment Fund award from the American Literary Translators Association. Margo Glantz is Professor of Literature at the Universidad Nacional Autonoma de Mexico and is former Director of The Fine Arts Institute of Mexico. She is a well-known literary critic, the award-winning author of several novels, and the first woman to be inducted into the Mexican Academy of Letters.
- Author(s)Jose Tomas De Cuellar
- PublisherOxford University Press Inc
- Date of Publication01/12/2000
- Series TitleLibrary of Latin America
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- First Published2000
- ImprintOxford University Press Inc
- Content Note2 halftones, numerous line illustrations
- Weight277 g
- Width141 mm
- Height211 mm
- Spine16 mm
- Translated byMargaret Carson
- Volume editorMargo Glantz
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.