All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionRenowned for its mud-brick architecture, monumental mosque, and merchant-traders' houses, Djenne remains one of Africa's most distinctive cities. This title describes the raising of a mud-brick house and explores the technical, social, and magical processes involved in making buildings and renewing the urban environment of Djenne.
- Author BiographyTrevor H. J. Marchand is Professor of Social Anthropology at the School of Oriental and African Studies, University of London. He is author of Minaret Building and Apprenticeship in Yemen.
- Author(s)Professor Trevor H. J. Marchand
- PublisherIndiana University Press
- Date of Publication08/06/2009
- GenreCivil Engineering & Environmental Engineering
- Series TitleAfrican Expressive Cultures
- Place of PublicationBloomington, IN
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintIndiana University Press
- Content Note60 b&w photos, 13 figures, 2 maps
- Weight640 g
- Width160 mm
- Height236 mm
- Spine24 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £4.89Trending at £5.17
- £6.40Trending at £7.35
- £10.25Trending at £11.34
- £12.10Trending at £13.55
- £10.87Trending at £12.71
- £4.50Trending at £6.01
- £23.94Trending at £24.01
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.