All listings for this product
About this product
- Author(s)Tim Crane
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication30/11/2015
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Weight408 g
- Width174 mm
- Height246 mm
- Edition Statement3rd Revised edition
- Table Of ContentsPreface to the third edition 1. Introducing the mechanical mind 2. The puzzle of representation 3. Mental representation 4. Understanding thinkers and their thoughts 5. Common-sense psychology and science 6. Computation and representation 7. Can a computer think? 8. Mechanisms of thought 9. Explaining mental representation 10. The mechanical mind and its biological basis 11. The extent of the mind 12. A non-reductive approach 13. Consciousness and the mechanical mind. Index
- Author BiographyTim Crane is Knightbridge Professor of Philosophy at the University of Cambridge, and a Fellow of Peterhouse, Cambridge. He is the author of The Objects of Thought, Aspects of Psychologism, Elements of Mind, the editor of The Contents of Experience, General Editor of the Routledge Encyclopedia of Philosophy, and the Philosophy Consultant Editor of the Times Literary Supplement.
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £24.44Trending at £26.15
- £23.12Trending at £34.99
- £10.01Trending at £10.71
- £24.23Trending at £25.36
- £17.16Trending at £22.75
- £21.65Trending at £24.17
- £4.99Trending at £6.17
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.