All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionTouching on such diverse subspecialties as genetics, pharmacology, neurology, sexology and immunology, the author intersperses obvious historical milestones; the Hippocratic Oath, general anesthesia, the Human Genome Project, with unexpected and intriguing topics like truth serum, the use of cocaine in eye surgery and face transplants.
- Author BiographyInternationally renowned author Clifford Pickover has published more than 40 books, translated into over a dozen languages. He is an associate editor for several journals and the author of over 200 articles on various subjects. Dr. Pickover received his PhD from Yale University's Department of Molecular Biophysics and Biochemistry. He holds over 80 US patents for inventions dealing with computing technologies and interfaces and his website, pickover.com, has received millions of visits.
- Author(s)Clifford A. Pickover
- PublisherSterling Publishing Co Inc
- Date of Publication13/09/2012
- GenreFamily & Health: General
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Notefull colour throughout, includes photographs
- Weight1465 g
- Width185 mm
- Height215 mm
- Spine37 mm
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £6.40Trending at £7.35
- £4.89Trending at £5.24
- £10.25Trending at £11.42
- £12.45Trending at £12.75
- £12.10Trending at £13.61
- £10.87Trending at £13.88
- £23.95Trending at £24.71
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.