All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWritten in a style accessible to all professionals, this fully updated Third Edition has been revised and enlarged to incorporate revisions to the Mental Health Act Code of Practice 2015 and the crucial impact of the Supreme Court decisions in the Cheshire West cases.
- Author BiographyRobert Brown is a social worker and a Director of Edge Training and Consultancy Ltd. He provides refresher training for AMHPs and helps to train Section 12 Approved Doctors and Approved Clinicians in South West England and Wales. He provides consultation and supervision services to Cornwall, Guernsey, Hampshire, Jersey and Reading. Rob has published widely in the field of mental health and mental capacity law; co-authoring The Mental Health Capacity Act 2005: a Guide to Practice as well as Mental Health Law in England and Wales. He was a Mental Health Act Commissioner from 1992-2010. Prior to that, Rob worked as a Mental Health Welfare Officer and then an Approved Social Worker with Hampshire County Council. He has been a lecturer at Southampton University, Stirling University and Croydon College. Rob is a Visiting Fellow at Bournemouth University and was a finalist in the British Social Work Awards 2013, Lifetime Achievement category. Paul Barber qualified in 1976. Until December 2003 he was a partner at Bevan Ashford Solicitors (now Bevan Brittan) where for many years he led the firm's NHS Litigation Department, increasingly specialising in the field of Mental Health and Human Rights law. He is now a Consultant to the firm and a freelance trainer and lecturer. He is extensively involved in training Approved Social Workers and lecturing on Section 12 Approval courses for doctors. He also provides training for the Mental Health Act Commission and numerous NHS Trusts and Health Authorities. Debbie Martin is Unit Leader and lecturer on the new Approved Mental Health Professionals course in South West England. She currently practices as an Approved Mental Health Professional in Wiltshire and has worked as a social worker and mental health manager in Manchester. Debbie also teaches on section 12 Approval courses for doctors and provides training for the Mental Health Act Commission and various NHS Trusts, Health Authorities and Local Authorities.
- Author(s)Debbie Martin,Paul Barber,Robert A. Brown
- PublisherSAGE Publications Ltd
- Date of Publication21/09/2015
- GenreNational Law: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Series TitlePost-Qualifying Social Work Practice Series
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintSAGE Publications Ltd
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight590 g
- Width170 mm
- Height244 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Edition Statement3rd Revised edition
Best selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £6.19Trending at £6.31
- £4.67Trending at £5.06
- £32.40Trending at £33.55
- £11.85Trending at £12.22
- £12.39Trending at £12.99
- £11.61Trending at £12.26
- £9.54Trending at £11.05
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.