All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionDescribes how families band together, sometimes with three generations in one small house, to minimize expenses and pool resources. This book explores the limited range of available jobs, from secure but scarce bureaucratic positions to more common and less reliable jobs in blue-collar industries and the informal economy.
- Author BiographyHenry A. Selby is Professor Emeritus of Anthropology at the University of Texas at Austin. Arthur D. Murphy is Professor of Anthropology at the University of North Carolina at Greensboro. Stephen A. Lorenzen holds a Ph.D. in economics from the University of Texas at Austin.
- Author(s)Arthur D. Murphy,Henry A. Selby,Stephen A. Lorenzen
- PublisherUniversity of Texas Press
- Date of Publication01/06/1990
- GenreMarriage, Family & Other Relationships
- Place of PublicationAustin, TX
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of Texas Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight726 g
- Width3895 mm
- Height5830 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £6.19Trending at £6.30
- £4.67Trending at £5.13
- £32.40Trending at £33.67
- £11.14Trending at £12.78
- £12.39Trending at £13.04
- £11.33Trending at £12.31
- £9.91Trending at £11.11
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.