All listings for this product
About this product
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication09/12/2014
- GenreIndustrial Chemistry & Manufacturing
- Series TitleFood Microbiology and Food Safety / Practical Approaches
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Weight1035 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine35 mm
- Edited byJeffrey L. Kornacki,Joshua B. Gurtler
- Table Of ContentsA. Introduction and Overview.- 1. The Microbiological Safety of Spices and Low Water Activity Foods: Correcting Historic Misassumptions.-2. Challenges in the Control of Foodborne Pathogens in Low-Water Activity Foods and Spices.- B. Pathogen Persistence and Control in Low aw Foods and Processing Plants.- 3. Adaptation of Pathogenic Microorganisms to Dry Conditions.- 4. Transcriptomic Responses of Salmonella Species to Desiccation and Low-Moisture Environments: Extending Our Knowledge of How Bacteria Cope with Low-Moisture Stress.- 5. Processing Plant Investigations: Practical Approaches to Determining Sources of Persistent Bacterial Strains in the Industrial Food Processing Environment.- 6. Dry Cleaning, Wet Cleaning and Alternatives to Processing Plant Hygiene and Sanitation.- C. Low aw Food Commodities of Interest.- 7. Spices.- 8. Dried Dairy-Based Products.- 9. Low Water Activity Meat Products.- 10. Dried, Ready-to-Eat Cereal Products.- 11. Powdered Infant Formula.- 12. Nuts and Nut Pastes.- 13. Flour and Meal.- 14. Chocolate and Confectionary.- 15. Salty Snack Foods.- 16. Pet Foods.- 17. Dried Teas and Herbs.- D. Product Testing.- 18. Regulatory Testing Guidelines and Recommendations.- 19. Methodological and Sampling Challenges to Testing Spices and Low aw Foods for the Presence of Foodborne Pathogens.- E. Low aw Food Decontamination.- 20. Irradiation, Microwave and Alternative Energy-Based Treatments for Low Water Activity.- 21. Heat and Steam Treatments.- F. Research Needs.- 22. Research Gaps and Needs Pertaining to Microbial Pathogens in Spices and Low aw Foods.
- Author BiographyJoshua B. Gurtler, USDA Research Scientist, Phoenixville, PA Michael P. Doyle, Regents Professor of Food Microbiology, Director, Center for Food Safety, Department of Food Science and Technology, University of Georgia, Griffin, GA Jeffrey L. Kornacki, President and Senior Technical Director, Kornacki Microbiology Solutions, Inc., Madison, WI
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £6.40Trending at £7.29
- £10.25Trending at £11.22
- £12.37Trending at £12.62
- £12.10Trending at £13.55
- £10.87Trending at £12.71
- £23.95Trending at £24.50
- £30.34Trending at £30.82
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.