All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA must have read for Fender bass lovers and fans of the 60's music scene who will love the colour and vibe of this book. It tells how in 1966, the author's order for a Telecaster Bass engendered a unique Hybrid of Leo Fender's standard Precision Bass. The Hybrid has become legendary; its reputation is peerless. Finally the true history is unlocked.
- Author BiographyThe son of a Royal Air Force Pilot Officer, Barrie was born in Oxford, 1945. Following the return from his 1964 German recording tour with The Shamrocks, the emergent British R&B boom bass player joined Dr K's Blues band and created bass guitar history by ordering a Telecaster Bass in early 1966: his visionary idea produced the now legendary Fender Precision/Telecaster Bass Hybrid. Barrie has remained a true Bluesman, loving the sound of a wailing harp and boogie piano. An author of incisive recall and vivid descriptive ability, Barrie finally reveals the facts of what actually happened in 1966 leading up to and surrounding his origins of the 1967/8 developed Fender Telecaster Bass Guitar. He has had a varied and interesting career, a professional driver, museum conservation technician, qualified toolmaker and journeyman shipwright, honing inherent hand skills he is a true Artisan. As a consultant antiquities engineer working alongside leading London restorers, he conserved anything from ancient Cycladic art to Dong Son bronzes and gold. Conservator and mount-maker extraordinaire, his work can be seen in London, New York, and Japanese museums and private collections worldwide. Seemingly unstoppable since retiring, he has now completed his 1964 designed Bats Bass and published this important treatise that is the cypher key unlocking the mystery surrounding The Mighty Hybrid.
- Author(s)Barrie Midford-Millership
- PublisherMelrose Books
- Date of Publication31/08/2013
- GenreAutobiography: General
- Place of PublicationEly
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintMelrose Books
- Content Note157 colour and b&w illustrations
- Width215 mm
- Height200 mm
Best-selling in Biographies & True Stories
Save on Biographies & True Stories
- £7.49Trending at £9.98
- £5.77Trending at £6.20
- £5.15Trending at £6.73
- £7.75Trending at £8.05
- £1.28Trending at £2.51
- £6.99Trending at £9.98
- £2.80Trending at £2.92
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.