All listings for this product
Best-selling in Manuals & Resources
Save on Manuals & Resources
- £10.25Trending at £10.58
- £12.50Trending at £19.77
- £6.50Trending at £6.93
- £16.00Trending at £16.47
- £6.62Trending at £7.54
- £5.46Trending at £6.31
- £5.95Trending at £6.49
About this product
- DescriptionThe aim of this book is to help students understand, right from the opening paragraphs, that their mental lives are the product of observable physical processes occurring inside the complicated object between their ears, the brain.
- Author BiographyNeil V. Watson and the members of his lab at Simon Fraser University in Vancouver, Canada study sex-related aspects of the structure and function of the nervous system, with ongoing grant support from the Natural Sciences and Engineering Research Council of Canada. His work on topics ranging from the effects of steroids on cell survival, to the neural control of reproductive behavior, to human cognitive sex differences has appeared in a variety of journals, including the Journal of Neuroscience, the Proceedings of the National Academy of Science, and Brain Research. Dr. Watson received his undergraduate and master's degrees from the University of Western Ontario and his Ph.D. from the University of British Columbia. Following a postdoctoral fellowship at the University of California, Berkeley, he joined the faculty at SFU in 1996 where he is now Professor of Neuroscience in the Department of Psychology. He teaches biological psychology to hundreds of undergraduate and graduate students each year. S. Marc Breedlove, the Barnett Rosenberg Professor of Neuroscience at Michigan State University, has written over 130 scientific articles investigating the role of hormones in shaping the developing and adult nervous system, publishing in journals including Science, Nature, Nature Neuroscience, and the Proceedings of the National Academy of Science. He is also passionate about teaching-in the classroom, and in the greater community through interviews with the Washington Post, Los Angeles Times, New York Times, and Newsweek, as well as broadcast programs such as All Things Considered, Good Morning America, and Sixty Minutes. He has active grant support from the National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke and the National Institute of Mental Health. Dr. Breedlove is a Fellow of the American Association for the Advancement of Science and the Association for Psychological Science.
- Author(s)Neil V. Watson,S. Marc Breedlove
- PublisherSinauer Associates Inc.,U.S.
- Date of Publication31/01/2016
- GenreHistory: World & General
- Place of PublicationSunderland
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSinauer Associates Inc.,U.S.
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight1265 g
- Width228 mm
- Height275 mm
- Spine19 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.