All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAfter the death of her husband, Dolly Bantry sold Gossington Hall to the former film star Marina Gregg and her husband. When the glamorous couple decide to throw a benefit party for the local hospital, the grounds are thronged with curious visitors, and for one of them, the day ends in tragedy.
- Author BiographyAgatha Christie was born in 1890. During the World War I she worked as a hospital dispenser, where she gleaned the working knowledge of various poisons. Her first novel was The Mysterious Affair at Styles, published in 1920, followed over the next six years by four more detective novels and a short story collection. However, it was not until the publication of The Murder of Roger Ackroyd that Agatha Christie s reputation was firmly established. In 1930 the sharp-witted spinster sleuth Miss Marple made her first appearance in Murder at the Vicarage. In all, Agatha Christie published 80 crime novels and short story collections. As her play The Mousetrap (the longest-running play in the history of the theater) testifies, Agatha Christie s detective stories are likely to appeal for a long time to come. Agatha Christie was awarded a CBE in 1956 and was made a Dame of the British Empire in 1971. She died in 1976.
- Author(s)Agatha Christie
- PublisherBBC Audio, A Division Of Random House
- Date of Publication07/03/2005
- GenreCrime, Thriller & Adventure
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBBC Physical Audio
- Weight105 g
- Width125 mm
- Height143 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Read byFull Cast,Ian Lavender,June Whitfield
- Format DetailsCD standard audio format
- Running Time90
- Edition StatementA&M
Best selling in Crime & Thriller
Save on Crime & Thriller
- £34.99Trending at £37.32
- £4.50Trending at £5.17
- £8.80Trending at £11.08
- £4.95Trending at £5.28
- £13.97Trending at £14.95
- £4.36Trending at £4.65
- £3.99Trending at £7.98
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.