All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionExploring the varied depictions and descriptions of pain - from martyrdom narratives to practices of torture and surgery - this title attempts to decode this culture of suffering in the Middle Ages. It presents the cacophony of howls emerging from the written record of physicians, torturers, theologians, and mystics.
- Author BiographyEsther Cohen is a research fellow at the Scholion Center and professor of medieval history at the Hebrew University of Jerusalem.
- Author(s)Esther Cohen
- PublisherThe University of Chicago Press
- Date of Publication25/05/2010
- GenreHistory: Specific Subjects
- Place of PublicationChicago, IL
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of Chicago Press
- Content Note5 halftones
- Weight703 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine36 mm
Best selling in History & Military
Save on History & Military
- £16.76Trending at £25.99
- £14.58Trending at £21.05
- £14.21Trending at £15.19
- £10.50Trending at £14.48
- £9.85Trending at £10.44
- £10.82Trending at £15.38
- £16.99Trending at £17.66
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.