All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionDuring the Siege of Seringapatam in southern India in 1799, Colonel John Herncastle steals the Moonstone, a large yellow diamond, from the head of a Hindu god in a violent plunder. Jumping forward to 1848 England, Gabriel Betteredge, house steward of the Verinder estate, reveals that the famous stone has been left to Colonel Herncastle's niece.
- Author BiographyWilkie Collins (January 8, 1824-September 23, 1889) was the author of thirty novels, more than sixty short stories, fourteen plays (including an adaptation of The Moonstone), and more than one hundred nonfiction pieces. His best-known works are The Woman in White, The Moonstone, Armadale, and No Name.
- Author(s)Wilkie Collins
- PublisherHarperCollins Publishers Inc
- Date of Publication23/10/2012
- GenreCrime, Thriller & Adventure
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBourbon Street Books
- Content Note66 Wood Cuts
- Weight851 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine35 mm
Best selling in General & Literary Fiction
Save on General & Literary Fiction
- £1.99Trending at £2.41
- £7.48Trending at £8.02
- £6.49Trending at £7.83
- £4.59Trending at £4.84
- £2.99Trending at £3.17
- £7.77Trending at £9.47
- £12.74Trending at £13.53
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.