All listings for this product
About this product
- Author(s)Carrie Rosefsky Wickham
- PublisherPrinceton University Press
- Date of Publication06/08/2013
- GenrePolitics: General & Reference
- Place of PublicationNew Jersey
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPrinceton University Press
- Content Note10 tables.
- Weight685 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine115 mm
- Table Of ContentsPreface ix Acknowledgments xiii Note on Transliteration xvii Chapter One Conceptualizing Islamist Movement Change 1 Chapter Two The Brotherhood's Early Years 20 Chapter Three The Brotherhood's Foray into Electoral Politics 46 Chapter Four The Wasat Party Initiative and the Brotherhood's Response 76 Chapter Five The Brotherhood's Seesaw between Self-Assertion and Self-Restraint 96 Chapter Six Repression and Retrenchment 120 Chapter Seven The Brotherhood and the Egyptian Uprising 154 Chapter Eight Egypt's Islamist Movement in Comparative Perspective 196 Chapter Nine The Muslim Brotherhood in (Egypt's) Transition 247 Notes 289 List of Interviews 327 Selected Bibliography 331 Index 347
- Author BiographyCarrie Rosefsky Wickham is associate professor of political science at Emory University. She is the author of Mobilizing Islam: Religion, Activism, and Political Change in Egypt.
- PrizesShortlisted for Choice Magazine Outstanding Reference/Academic Book Award 2014.
Best selling in Society & Education
Save on Society & Education
- £16.03Trending at £17.27
- £29.47Trending at £31.70
- £27.15Trending at £30.47
- £9.18Trending at £9.42
- £13.77Trending at £15.13
- £12.24Trending at £13.05
- £3.90Trending at £5.19
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.