All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA librarian's and reader's advisory on the mystery genre. It introduces the world of mystery, discusses how to match readers' tastes with stories, and offers collection development and marketing tips. The second half of the volume contains two winning booklists organized by themes.
- Author BiographyJohn Charles has worked as a reference librarian and fiction selector for the Scottsdale Public Library System since 1991. He has coauthored articles on collection development and genre fiction for Library Journal and Voice of Youth Advocates (VOYA) and has twice received the Romance Writer's of America Veritas oward. A reviewer for Library Journal, VOYA, and Booklist, he and Joanna Morrison write an annual article on the Best Adult Mysteries for Young Adults for VOYA. Charles received a master's degree in library science from the University of Arizona. Candace Clark began working for the Scottsdale Public Library System in 1975. Since 1986, she has worked as a Youth Services Librarian where, in addition to selecting materials for the youth services collection, she is involved in programming for children, teens, and adults. She is cohost of Booktalk, a Scottsdale-based cable television show for which she reviews new adult fiction and nonfiction and interviews a variety of local and nationally recognized authors. Clark has served as Chair of the Children's Services Roundtable for the Arizona Library Association and has presented programs at its annual conference as well as for the Maricopa County Library Council's Continuing Education program. Joanna Morrison is a reference librarian and nonfiction selector for the Scottsdale Public Library System in Scottsdale, Arizona. She spent five years as a high school English and literature teacher and has been a librarian for ten years. She reviews mysteries for VOYA and joins John Charles in creating an annual VOYA survey of the year's best adult mysteries for young adults. Morrison has presented readers' advisory programs for Arizona State Library Association conferences and received her master's degree in library science from the University of Arizona.
- Author(s)Candace Clark,Joanna Morrison,John Charles
- PublisherAmerican Library Association
- Date of Publication31/05/2002
- GenreLibrary & Information Science
- Series TitleALA Readers' Advisory S.
- Place of PublicationChicago, IL
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintALA Editions
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight336 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine14 mm
Best selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £7.99Trending at £9.59
- £4.88Trending at £5.06
- £32.40Trending at £33.73
- £10.88Trending at £12.77
- £10.63Trending at £11.99
- £12.39Trending at £13.06
- £11.33Trending at £11.81
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.