Best selling in Health, Treatments & Medicine
Save on Health, Treatments & Medicine
- £8.34Trending at £10.32
- £14.08Trending at £18.99
- £10.67Trending at £11.26
- £6.92Trending at £7.31
- £8.85Trending at £8.99
- £7.76Trending at £8.06
- £16.63Trending at £17.95
About this product
- DescriptionWhen a surgeon nowadays opens up a ribcage and mends a heart, it remains something of a miracle, even if, to some, it is merely plumbing. This book demonstrates to its reader (and prospective patient) many revelations, such as the paradox at the heart of the cardiac surgeon's craft.
- Author BiographySamer Nashef qualified as a doctor at Bristol in 1980. He is a consultant cardiac surgeon at Papworth Hospital, Cambridge, and a world-leading expert on risk and quality in surgical care. The author of more than 200 publications, his research has been widely cited and he has been invited to lecture in more than 30 countries. A clinical tutor at the University of Cambridge, he is also a dedicated public communicator, having appeared in NHS Direct videos, at the Wellcome Trust foundation and in Channel 4's The Operation. He is also a regular compiler of cryptic crosswords for the Guardian and Financial Times under a pseudonym.
- Author(s)Samer A. M. Nashef
- PublisherScribe Publications
- Date of Publication04/06/2015
- GenreSurgery: Professional
- Place of PublicationCarlton North
- Country of PublicationAustralia
- ImprintScribe Publications
- Weight301 g
- Width153 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine16 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (UK),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.