All listings for this product
Best selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £7.99Trending at £9.60
- £7.85Trending at £8.47
- £4.88Trending at £5.06
- £4.98Trending at £5.69
- £14.67Trending at £15.47
- £3.91Trending at £4.20
- £16.13Trending at £20.42
About this product
- DescriptionThis survey researches the little-known impact of HIV/AIDS on children. It investigates HIV prevalence rates among children, the risk factors that predispose them to becoming infected and the effects of the epidemic on their care and support.
- Author BiographyHeather Brookes is a senior research specialist in the national research program on Child, Youth and Family Development with the Human Sciences Research Council. Olive Shisana is the executive director and founder of the Social Aspects of HIV/AIDS and Health research program at the Human Sciences Research Council. She is former executive director of Family and Community Health at the World Health Organization (WHO), a founding member of the Partnership on AIDS in Africa, and she established the WHO HIV/AIDS/STI initiative. Linda Richter is the executive director of the Child, Youth and Family Development research program, and the chair of psychology and an elected fellow of the University of Natal. She holds an honorary professorship in the department of pediatrics and child health at Witwatersrand University and is a consultant in the HIV Prevention Trials Unit at the Medical Research Council-Durban.
- Author(s)H. Brookes,L. Richter,O. Shisana
- PublisherHSRC Press
- Date of Publication30/06/2004
- GenreSocial Issues, Services & Welfare
- Place of PublicationCape Town
- Country of PublicationSouth Africa
- ImprintHSRC Press
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight248 g
- Width210 mm
- Height280 mm
- Spine6 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.