All listings for this product
Best selling in Society & Education
Save on Society & Education
- £15.35Trending at £16.95
- £25.74Trending at £26.99
- £10.26Trending at £11.20
- £10.82Trending at £12.23
- £13.69Trending at £14.53
- £16.34Trending at £17.08
- £12.24Trending at £12.76
About this product
- Author(s)Ernest L. Hartmann
- PublisherOxford University Press Inc
- Date of Publication01/04/2013
- GenrePsychiatry & Clinical Psychology: Professional
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintOxford University Press Inc
- Content Noteblack & white line drawings, black & white tables, figures
- Weight240 g
- Width162 mm
- Height236 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Table Of Contents1. Introduction. Overview of the Contemporary Theory of Dreaming ; 2. The tidal wave dream ; 3. Emotion guides the dream. The central image of the dream pictures and measures the emotion. ; 4. A dream is a creation, not a replay. A dream always makes new connections, guided by emotion. ; 5. The focused-waking-thought-to-dreaming continuum. Dreaming is one end of a continuum. ; 6. Dreaming Connects! The dreaming end of the continuum is hyper-connective. ; 7. Connection as combination. Connection as condensation. Connection as metaphor. The dream is picture-metaphor. ; 8. Connections in the mind and brain. The biology of dreaming. Networks in the cerebral cortex. ; 9. Form and content: The development of dreaming and the content of dreams. ; 10. Personality and dreaming. Thick and thin boundaries. ; 11. The functions of dreaming. ; 12. The functions of the continuum. ; 13. Implications for understanding and making use of dreams - alone, in a group, or in therapy.
- Author BiographyErnest Hartmann is Past President of the International Association for the Study of Dreams, and was the first Editor-in-Chief of ASD's journal, Dreaming. He is also Professor of Psychiatry at Tufts University School of Medicine and Director of the Sleep Disorders Center at Newton-Wellesley Hospital, and he maintains a private practice. He is author of nine books and approximately 325 journal articles.
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.