All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionExplores language and dialect in the South, including English, Native American languages, and other non-English languages spoken over time by the region's immigrant communities. Topical entries in this work discuss changes in the pronunciation, vocabulary, and grammar of English in the increasingly mobile South.
- Author BiographyMichael Montgomery is Distinguished Professor Emeritus of English at the University of South Carolina. His many books include Language Variety in the South: Perspectives in Black and White.|Ellen Johnson is associate professor of linguistics at Berry College in Rome, Georgia, and author of Lexical Change and Variation in the Southeastern United States.
- PublisherThe University of North Carolina Press
- Date of Publication15/07/2007
- GenreRegional History
- Series TitleThe New Encyclopedia of Southern Culture
- Place of PublicationChapel Hill
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintThe University of North Carolina Press
- Content Note19 illustrations, 6 tables, 6 maps, bibliography, index
- Weight395 g
- Width156 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine16 mm
- Edited byCharles Reagan Wilson,Ellen Johnson,Michael Montgomery
- Edition Statement1st New edition
Best selling in History & Military
Save on History & Military
- £16.76Trending at £25.99
- £23.73Trending at £26.67
- £14.58Trending at £21.05
- £14.21Trending at £15.23
- £10.50Trending at £14.48
- £10.82Trending at £15.38
- £16.99Trending at £17.66
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.