All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe oboe is an instrument with a long and rich history. In this book two distinguished oboist-musicologists trace that history from its beginnings to the 21st century, discussing how and why the oboe evolved, what music was written for it, and which players were prominent.
- Author BiographyGeoffrey Burgess, who has taught historical musicology at Duke University and SUNY, Stony Brook, is an active performing oboist. Bruce Haynes, who is associate professor at the University of Montreal, is a world renowned hautboist.
- Author(s)Bruce Haynes,Geoffrey Burgess
- PublisherYale University Press
- Date of Publication27/01/2004
- GenreMusic & Dance
- Series TitleYale Musical Instrument Series
- Place of PublicationNew Haven
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintYale University Press
- Content Note45 black-&-white illustrations, 20 colour plates, Discography
- Weight1056 g
- Width175 mm
- Height247 mm
- Spine25 mm
Best-selling in The Arts
Save on The Arts
- £43.28Trending at £61.98
- £21.40Trending at £26.76
- £21.94Trending at £25.34
- £27.33Trending at £29.74
- £5.75Trending at £10.68
- £21.72Trending at £22.03
- £10.42Trending at £13.41
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.