All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA guide to the definitive sporting mega-event Olympics and the wider phenomenon it represents - Olympism. It addresses the key questions in modern Olympism, including: What does studying Olympism entail? How do historical accounts create and challenge Olympic myths? And how can the principles and practices of Olympism be sustained in the future?
- Author BiographyVassil Girginov is Reader in Sports Development and Sports Management at Brunel University. He is also a founding member of the Bulgarian National Olympic Academy and has researched and published in the field of Olympism, sport policy analysis, Eastern European sport and the culture of sport management. His previous books include The Olympic Games Explained (2005) and Management of Sports Development (2008). Vassil is also Executive Academic Editor of the Routledge journals 2012 Olympics Special Issue programme, which includes some 40 academic journals from a range of fields and disciplines.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication01/09/2008
- GenreGeneral Sport & Fitness Training
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note13 black & white illustrations, 15 black & white tables
- Weight839 g
- Width174 mm
- Height246 mm
- Edited byJim Parry,Vassil Girginov
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
Best-selling in Sports
Save on Sports
- £34.73Trending at £42.37
- £9.97Trending at £16.99
- £27.98Trending at £46.88
- £16.29Trending at £17.12
- £9.99Trending at £11.60
- £7.42Trending at £8.04
- £7.28Trending at £7.82
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.