All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn this gustatory tour of human history, Allen suggests that the everyday activity of eating offers deep insights into our cultural and biological heritage. Beginning with the diets of our earliest ancestors, he explores eating's role in our evolving brain before considering our contemporary dinner plates and the preoccupations of foodies.
- Author BiographyJohn S. Allen is Research Scientist at Dornsife Cognitive Neuroscience Imaging Center and the Brain and Creativity Institute, University of Southern California.
- Author(s)John S. Allen
- PublisherHarvard University Press
- Date of Publication01/05/2012
- GenreCultural Studies
- Place of PublicationCambridge, Mass
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintHarvard University Press
- Content Note9 halftones
- Weight666 g
- Width140 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Format DetailsSewn,Cloth over boards,With printed dust jacket
Best selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £9.49Trending at £9.79
- £6.19Trending at £6.48
- £4.67Trending at £5.20
- £32.40Trending at £34.66
- £10.88Trending at £13.05
- £11.85Trending at £12.54
- £12.39Trending at £13.34
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.