The Open Adoption Book: A Guide to Making Adoption Work for You by Bruce M. Rappaport (Paperback, 1997)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- £10.89+ £1.00 P&P
- New condition
- Sold by books_discount
- See details for delivery est.
- £1.00+ £1.81 P&P
- Good condition
- Sold by book2basics
- Click & Collect
All listings for this product
About this product
- Author(s)Bruce M. Rappaport
- PublisherJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Date of Publication29/12/1997
- GenreSocial Issues, Services & Welfare
- Place of PublicationFoster City
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintHungry Minds Inc,U.S.
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight236 g
- Width140 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine12 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
- Table Of ContentsAcknowledgments. Introduction: The Promise of Open Adoption. 1. Why Is Adopting a Healthy Infant So Difficult?. 2. Open Adoption: The Revitalization of Adoption. 3. Infertility and the Medical Treadmill. 4. Birthparent Stereotypes and Realities. 5. The Surprising Bond Between Adopting Parents and Birthparents. 6. The Ongoing Relationships Between Adopting Parents and Birthparents. 7. The Lives of an Adopted Child and Adoptive Parents in an Open Adoption. 8. The Vital Role of Counseling in an Open Adoption. 9. The Joys of Parenthood. Appendix: Open Adoption Centers. Index.
- Author BiographyBruce M. Rappaport, Ph.D., is founder and Executive Director of the Independent Adoption Center in Pleasant Hill, California, and founder of the National Federation for Open Adoption Education. A nationally known expert on open adoption, he has worked in education, counseling, infertility, and adoption for more than twenty years and has been interviewed on these subjects by Nightline, CNN, The Today Show, The New York Times, The Wall Street Journal, and elsewhere. Dr. Rappaport lives in Oakland, California, with his daughter.
Explore Buying Guides
Best selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £7.99Trending at £9.59
- £7.85Trending at £8.62
- £4.82Trending at £5.06
- £4.98Trending at £5.79
- £14.67Trending at £15.47
- £3.91Trending at £4.20
- £16.13Trending at £20.42
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.