All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionOprah Winfrey has built an empire on her ability to connect with and inspire her audience. The cultural and economic power that Winfrey wields merits critical evaluation. This book examines the origins of her influential image and its substantial impact on politics, entertainment, and popular opinion.
- Author BiographyJennifer Harris is assistant professor of English at Mount Allison University, New Brunswick, Canada. She has published articles in several journals, including African American Review and The Journal of American Culture, and books, including Searching the Soul of Ally McBeal: Critical Essays. Elwood Watson, associate professor of history at East Tennessee State University, is the editor of several books, including There She Is, Miss America : The Politics of Sex, Beauty, and Race in America's Most Famous Pageant and Searching the Soul of Ally McBeal: Critical Essays.
- PublisherThe University Press of Kentucky
- Date of Publication15/02/2007
- GenreSocial Sciences: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationLexington
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintThe University Press of Kentucky
- Weight549 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine26 mm
- Edited byElwood Watson,Jennifer Harris
Best selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £8.53Trending at £9.60
- £6.19Trending at £6.32
- £4.81Trending at £5.07
- £32.40Trending at £33.78
- £9.99Trending at £10.63
- £12.39Trending at £13.08
- £11.33Trending at £12.35
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.