About this product
- DescriptionTo understand the mind, we need to draw equally on the fields of cognitive science and neuroscience. But these two fields have very separate intellectual roots, and very different styles. So how can these two be reconciled in order to develop a full understanding of the mind and brain.This is the focus of this landmark new book.
- Author BiographyTim Shallice was the founding director of the Institute of Cognitive Neuroscience, part of University College London, where he is an emeritus professor. He has been a professor in the Cognitive Neuroscience Sector of SISSA, Trieste since 1994. He was influential in laying the foundations for the discipline of cognitive neuropsychology, by formalising many of its methods and assumptions in the book From Neuropsychology to Mental Structure. He has also worked on many core problems in cognitive neuropsychology, and cognitive neuroscience including executive functions, language and memory. Richard Cooper originally studied mathematics and computer science at the University of Newcastle, Australia. He obtained a Commonwealth Scholarship to complete his PhD in Cognitive Science at the University of Edinburgh, before taking up a PostDoc position at the Department of Psychology at University College London, in 1990, to work with Professors Fox and Shallice. In 1995 Cooper moved to a lectureship in the Department of Psychological Sciences at Birkbeck, University of London. He is currently Reader in Cognitive Science in that department. He has published extensively in computational cognitive modelling and led the development of the COGENT graphical cognitive modelling environment.
- Author(s)Rick Cooper,Tim Shallice
- PublisherOxford University Press
- Date of Publication17/03/2011
- GenrePsychology: Professional & General
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOxford University Press
- Content Note200 illustrations
- Weight1428 g
- Width196 mm
- Height264 mm
- Spine29 mm
Best selling in Philosophy
Save on Philosophy
- £21.26Trending at £23.99
- £6.67Trending at £7.99
- £5.80Trending at £7.61
- £8.21Trending at £8.98
- £9.12Trending at £9.41
- £8.13Trending at £8.25
- £8.92Trending at £9.11
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.