All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionArgues that white evangelicals' ideas about slavery grew directly out of their interactions with black evangelicals. This book draws from church records and slave narratives to illuminate the relationship between whites and blacks within the evangelical fold. It argues that black evangelicals inadvertently shaped the proslavery argument.
- Author BiographyCHARLES F. IRONS is assistant professor of history at Elon University.
- Author(s)Charles F. Irons
- PublisherThe University of North Carolina Press
- Date of Publication15/06/2008
- GenreRegional History
- Place of PublicationChapel Hill
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintThe University of North Carolina Press
- Content Note3 illustrations, 5 tables, 2 maps, notes, bibl., index
- Weight544 g
- Width156 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine23 mm
Best selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £7.99Trending at £9.59
- £6.19Trending at £6.31
- £4.82Trending at £5.06
- £32.40Trending at £33.73
- £9.99Trending at £10.62
- £12.39Trending at £13.06
- £11.33Trending at £12.33
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.