All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe Oxford Handbook of Professional Service Firms discusses firms providing services in the traditional professions such as law, accounting, and architecture as well as newer sectors such as, management consulting, advertising, and engineering. It provides a critical overview of contemporary research on PSFs, and suggests avenues of future inquiry.
- Author BiographyLaura Empson is Professor in the Management of Professional Service Firms at Cass Business School, London, and Director of the Cass Centre for Professional Service Firms. Her current research focuses on leadership dynamics in PSFs and is funded by a major grant from the ESRC. Her previous ESRC-funded study was of changing forms of governance in PSFs. Her research into PSFs has also covered themes such as: mergers and acquisitions, professionalisation of management, organizational and individual identity, knowledge and diversity management. She is also an Independent Non-Executive of KPMG LLP. In 2013 she was selected to be the Financial Times Professor of the Week. Daniel Muzio is Professor of Professions and Organization at Newcastle University. Before joining Newcastle University in 2013, Daniel held a Chair in Leadership and Organization in Manchester Business School. Previously he held academic positions at the Univeristy of Leeds and Lancaster University where he completed his ESRC funded PhD (and Post Doc) in Management in 2004. Daniel holds a law degree and an MA in Organizational Analysis and Behaviour, both from Lancaster University. Daniel holds visiting positions at Manchester Business School and Cass Business School, City Univeristy in London. He has also been a visiting professor at Luiss Guido Carli in Rome and the International Institute for the Sociology of Law in Onati, Spain. His research focuses on professions and knowledge workers, their work, management and organization. This is informed by a number of theoretical perspectives including: institutional theory, labour process theory, and neo-weberian perspectives. Joe Broschak is an Associate Professor in the Department of Management and Organizations and the Interim Executive Director of the McGuire Center for Entrepreneurship at the University of Arizona, Eller College of Management. He also holds a courtesy appointment in the School of Sociology. He has a Ph.D. in Management from the University of Texas at Austin. Joe's research revolves around two topics in organization theory. One is the structure of organizations and the other is the dynamics of markets. Joe's research has been published in a variety of management and sociology journals and he currently serves on the editorial boards of Administrative Science Quarterly and the Academy of Management Journal. Bob Hinings has carried out research on professional organizations, health care organizations and the wine industry. He is a Fellow of the Royal Society of Canada, a Fellow of the U.S. Academy of Management and an Honorary Member of the European Group for Organizational Studies. He has received the Distinguished Scholar Award from the Organization and Management Theory Division of the U.S. Academy of Management and an Honorary Doctorate from the University of Montreal. He is a Research Fellow at the Judge School of Business, University of Cambridge.
- PublisherOxford University Press
- Date of Publication13/08/2015
- GenreIndustrial Studies: General
- Series TitleOxford Handbooks
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOxford University Press
- Weight1114 g
- Width182 mm
- Height252 mm
- Spine36 mm
- Edited byBob Hinings,Daniel Muzio,Joseph Broschak,Laura Empson,Robert Hinings
Best-selling in Manuals & Resources
Save on Manuals & Resources
- £12.49Trending at £12.63
- £12.49Trending at £14.87
- £24.99Trending at £42.96
- £6.17Trending at £6.29
- £12.99Trending at £15.30
- £24.94Trending at £28.69
- £10.12Trending at £13.47
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.