All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionDraws on documentation released since the fall of the Soviet Union to offer a global history of communism in the twentieth century.
- Author BiographyS. A. Smith is a Senior Research Fellow at All Souls College, University of Oxford. He was a graduate student at Moscow State University and Peking University in the late 1970s and early 1980s and taught for many years at the University of Essex. More recently, he was professor of comparative history at the European University Institute, Florence. He has written extensively on the Russian and Chinese Revolutions, and is currently writing a book which compares the efforts of the Soviet and Chinese Communist regimes to eliminate 'superstition' from daily life, in areas such as popular religion, calendrical and life-cycle rituals, agriculture, and folk medicine, and which explores how sections of the populace engaged the regimes through 'politics of the supernatural'.
- PublisherOxford University Press
- Date of Publication09/01/2014
- GenreHistory: World & General
- Series TitleOxford Handbooks
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOxford University Press
- Content Note1 black & white illustration
- Weight1316 g
- Width181 mm
- Height248 mm
- Spine44 mm
- Edited byS. A. Smith
Best selling in Adult Learning & University
Save on Adult Learning & University
- £9.52Trending at £10.89
- £17.99Trending at £21.06
- £16.99Trending at £21.06
- £28.61Trending at £36.00
- £11.89Trending at £13.69
- £2.39Trending at £3.04
- £30.00Trending at £34.27
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.